If you pass away in Texas without leaving behind a valid last will and testimony, all your property goes to owners that are pre-determined under Texas law. These laws, called intestate succession laws, offer your property to those related to you. The only way to alter these laws from using to your estate is by producing a legitimate will and making your choices yourself.

Situation 1: You die without a spouse or children. In this circumstance, your parents acquire your estate. If only one parent endures your death, half goes to the surviving moms and dad and the other half is divided in between your siblings. If there are no parents, your siblings divide your whole estate. If no moms and dads or no siblings, your estate goes to your grandparents or their descendants, whoever is the closest relation to you.
Situation 2: You die leaving a making it through spouse but no children. Your making it through spouse is entitled to receive all of your personal effects. If you do not have any enduring moms and dads, siblings or descendants of your brother or sisters, your partner likewise gets all of your genuine property. If you have surviving parents, your moms and dads receive half your genuine estate and your spouse the other half. If your moms and dads are dead but you have surviving siblings or descendants of brother or sisters, the siblings take half the genuine estate and your enduring spouse the other half. Divorced partners do not take any property.

Situation 3: You pass away leaving behind an enduring spouse and a number of kids. The way your estate is divided will depend on if your children are all from your existing marriage or if you have children from a previous marriage and likewise whether you obtained the property during your marriage or whether it was provided to you as a gift or as part of an inheritance. Eventually, depending upon the characteristics in your family, your partner and your kids may not be gotten ready for or anticipating the distribution they get at your death as a result of the laws of intestacy.
Think about what you would like to happen to your property when you pass away. Do you wish to make sure that your partner or better half is provided for? Do you desire your children to get something instantly? Exist particular treasures or traditions you wish to continue to stick with your family or family? These are all considerations that can be attended to in a Will or other testamentary document such as a revocable living trust.